He Came As The Suffering Servant..

He Came As The Suffering Servant..
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done; saying: 'My counsel shall stand, and all My pleasure will I do'" Isaiah 46:10

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Spiritual Warfare - The "Tug of War" For Your Soul



Make no mistake, Satan is alive and well on planet earth.  As Christians, believers in the Truth, this is a fact that we must all face.  There is a very real war going on, not one we can see with our natural eyes, but a war nonetheless and it's taking place right now in the heavenly realm.  The apostle Paul warned us about this in his letter to the Ephesians:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:10-13

There are 3 main actors in this war: God, Satan and You.  To put it another way, there is the lover of your soul (God), the enemy of your soul (Satan) and, Your Soul!
Satan has been hard at work, since the beginning, trying to interrupt God's Divine Plan.  Now, that we are in the last of the last days, he knows he is running out of time.  The battles, attacks, evil and wickedness in general in this world will continue to worsen.  As Christians we need to prepare ourselves and not have a spirit of fear but the knowledge that If God Is For Us, Who Can Be Against Us!

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 4:4


There is a constant battle going on for your soul.  Satan does not "go after" lukewarm believers....so, if you are not experiencing this tug of war for your soul, that's probably not a good sign.  One thing we can expect as believers, followers of Christ, is that the closer we become to the Lord and the more we promote the Kingdom of Heaven and work to promote the Word and win over souls for the Kingdom...well, the more we can expect to be attacked by the enemy!



“If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” (John 15:19)

We are hated by the world because we stand for the truth and this world is the devil's domain.  We are simply passing through, pilgrims in a sense, traveling on our way to our True home in Heaven!

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”
1 John 2:15


"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."
Matthew 10:16




Personal Note:
What's tricky about this (but gets easier the more you deal with it head on and become a stronger, better equipped fighter) is being able to recognize the "attacks" in the first place.  What I mean by that is when the apostle Paul told us "we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood", he meant just that.  There may be a person / people in your life who you "seem" to be arguing with, almost out of the blue!  That was the case for me.  In my case, and this was a tough one, it was my own family!  I had about four family members turn against me in a matter of days.  When I sat back, took a minute and looked at the situation (gave myself time to calm down), I could see CLEARLY that none of it made any logical sense!  Since the time I was saved, "the enemy" has attempted to knock me off my feet, so to speak, in a variety of ways (mostly health related), but none of them worked.  He found my weak spot in my family!  

What I did in this particular situation was speak to my family members and share my thoughts with them on WHY we were arguing/disagreeing so much.  Eventually all was resolved!  There was a lot of prayer as well.  My point here is that what we may perceive in the natural/flesh as someone simply being mean/nasty, etc., etc. may REALLY be satan USING that person to come after US.  Of course this may not always be the case but as I've mentioned, the better informed we are as Christians, along with the help of the Spirit, the better we will be at identifying an attack from the enemy.




FREE BIBLE!!!!  If you would like a FREE Bible mailed to you, free of charge
just email me your name and address here.


There is a book that I've recently discovered and in my opinion is a MUST READ for every Christian.  Pastor Patrick Winfrey details how satan, the master deceiver, has infiltrated society throughout the ages...how he accomplishes his goal without us even being aware of it.  This is an excellent read and as a plus, all proceeds from this book will be used to literally feed orphans in the Philippines (one of Pastor Patrick's ministries...Joshua's Ministry).  The link to this book can be found below as well as in the "upper right" section of this page and the title of the book is "Final Boarding Call".  




No comments:

Post a Comment